Monday, June 28, 2010

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)



I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

If you saw this movie, odds are you saw it to see Lindsay Lohan stripping. I won’t lie, that’s why I saw it. This movie was panned by almost every critic out there, and I know people who are vehemently against it. But oh good Lord do I love this movie. I do! I love it because it just might be the absolute worst movie I’ve ever seen. So let’s go.

(Warning: this will contain spoilers because if you haven’t seen it yet, I doubt you care that much)

I’m going to start with the positives of this movie. There are only three so it shouldn’t take too long. First off, there’s pretty decent gore in this movie. The torture scenes are pretty good, they’re certainly unsettling. At one point Lindsay loses a finger while she’s stripping. It’s hilarious.

Secondly, there’s a sex scene between Lindsay version 2 (the skanky one who goes by the name of Dakota) and Lindsay version 1’s boyfriend. It’s super hot because she’s rocking two stumps! Oh god I just about died when I saw it. I’m fairly certain she’s not wearing her prosthetics during the scene and she leans back on her missing leg. Oh it’s so funny. It’s both hot AND hilarious.

Third, and this is the best part of the entire movie. Lindsay does something absolutely hilarious with a cigarette during her little strip tease. For this 30 seconds it’s worth seeing the whole movie. No lie, it’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Okay so those are the only positives I can say about this movie. Oh my god, this movie is so terrible. There are huge plot holes and the ending is so painfully stupid you might want to stab something. So basically what you have here is Dakota who is being mistaken as Aubrey because they’re twins who don’t know each other. Dakota is the hard knock stripper who didn’t really have a family, while Aubrey is the all American “A” student piano playing princess. Aubrey is kidnapped and tortured but Dakota has some stupid “twin stigmata” bullshit which means she carries the same wounds that are being inflicted on her sister.

Throughout a lot of the movie everybody thinks they’re the same girl and that Dakota is faking, or at least doesn’t remember. There’s a scene where the police are searching Aubrey’s laptop and come across a story she’s written for school that is basically Dakota’s life, and of course, the name of the girl in the written story is Dakota. What the fuck? This ends up going nowhere. You find out they’re not the same girl and they don’t explain this. Anyway, what really pisses me off about this is that the cops think they’ve come across some huge break in the story, when LATER you find out that the password to Aubrey’s laptop is, in fact, Dakota. So why don’t the cops figure THAT out?

Moving on, it’s clear the director Chris Sivertson was trying for something really artsy but it just fails and comes off as contrived and ridiculous. For example, all the blue. What the hell? Blue turns out to be a significant color to the killer because of his fondness for blue ribbons and always being the best, but it ends up falling flat. How the hell did he have all those blue glass weapons made? Another thing, Dakota ends up meeting some guy on the bus who she has sex with, and his tattoo sprouts wings and suddenly you feel like you’re hallucinating. It comes out of nowhere and makes no sense with the rest of the movie. And another thing, why does the killer have so many prosthetic limbs hanging from the ceiling? AND ANOTHER THING, when Dakota finally reaches her sister (who has been mutilated and buried alive in a glass coffin), why does she pull her out and lay on the ground with her? Don’t you think your sister needs some help? She’s lost her arm and leg! No, just lay on the ground for a while, it’ll be fine.

The only things this movie is good at, is being the best worst movie I’ve ever seen and making me laugh when I’m probably not supposed to. Lindsay never gets naked, although you almost get to see boob during the amputee sex scene. Hey, it’s important to me, okay? I actually do recommend this movie because it’s the worst thing you’ll ever see. If you go in expecting not to be shaking your head and asking yourself “HAHA WHAT THE FUCK?!” the whole time, you’re going to hate it. It’s terrible, it really is. I think Lindsay was going for something sexy and sinister, like along the lines of Showgirls, but this movie isn’t even as good as Showgirls (which is one of my favorite movies). I’m sure Lindsay, as well as Julia Ormond and anybody else trying to have a career is totally mortified that this movie was ever made. Not me though. I’ll watch it every damn time I can, just to laugh.

I give it 2/10 if I’m taking it seriously, but an 8/10 on pure atrocity.


And, as always, I want to hear your opinions. Let's hear it, MogulArmy, I know you're going to rip this movie to shreds. <3

8 comments:

  1. nice review this is basically how i felt about the movie, and its funny because i just watched it a couple of days ago

    it was complete crap it's the worst movie ever, after One missed call, that movie makes me want to give this movie an oscar

    the list on imdb is in alphabetical order which is why you can't see lindsay's name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review.

    The best parts for me are when Dakota gets out the first aid kit to stitch her finger back on, and the nice, arty cutaway to her prosthetic leg charging, plugged into the wall while she's having amputee sex. Nice touches. Now I feel the need to watch this steaming pile again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD good call! I didn't even realize it was in alphabetical order! I just figured Lindsay Lohan and Julia Ormond should have been top billed. Cool, thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally love awful movies because everyone hates them and I like rooting for the underdog (hello Zombie Strippers--I <3 you). This is the exception. I loathe this movie & refuse to watch it ever again.

    I'm not a perv...oh wait, yes I am but in my opinion, if you're going to play a stripper (like Demi Moore or Elizabeth Berkley aka Jessi Spano from Saved By The Bell), you'll probably need to show some bewbs. There was NO bewb action from Lindsay the stripper. BEWBIE TEASE!

    I thought Lindsay would be able to pull off playing twins. She did it so effortlessly when she was a kid in The Parent Trap, so why not now? WRONG, she sucked equally playing Aubrey and Dakota. Both characters were the same to me, which made it so much harder to follow the movie. In fact, the only difference was one was a "stripper"---who doesn't actually strip.

    Stupid plot, crap acting, bad editing and dumbest ending ever. If you're prepared to lose some brain cells and most of your IQ watching this garbage, go right ahead. I'll have a special helmet and knee pads waiting for you when you're done for the film--trust me, you'll need it.

    Just remember kiddies, this movie is so awful that the Golden Raspberry awards created a new category for it: Worst Excuse For a Horror Movie.

    I give it 1 out of 10 because I completely bought Lindsay being a skank. *stands and applauds loudly*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't touch this movie with one stump Eddie and you deserve a medal for getting through it. So I will just review it from your review and all I have to say is "WHAAATTT" and "I don't think so!"

    Still scared @NotSoAnnoyed

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what this sounds like? The Parent Trap for adults with a really sick non-Disney style twist. I will definitely be renting this once my INSANE undertaking of watching all three seasons of Mad Men by July 29th is over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This movie was a mess, I'm surprised I got through it, boyfriend got through 30 minutes until he said it was retarded and started snoring.. I felt I was in a bad dream that made no sense. The judge should add time to lilo's sentence for this fucking movie!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this film...I can actually see the plot line and if it was in another person's hands, with a better ending, this theoretically could be an okay movie. I found it enjoyable just because it was so bad. The gore was WAY too much for me. It wasn't really done right, I guess. I have no idea. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it.

    I will twitter you with my post about it because I need to let this shit process!

    ReplyDelete