Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Necessary Remakes

I spend a lot of time bitching about the cinematic masterpieces Hollywood insists on remaking, but you know what movie they totally should remake?


That's right, Hollywood.  Let's get a Puppet Master remake.  No, not another terrible sequel like Legacy or Axis of Evil.  A full-fledged remake.  With a budget.  And a theatrical release this time.

I love the original 1989 film, but when I watch it now I just get bored.  It's kind of terrible.  Blade, Pinhead, Tunneler (he scared me the most), Leech Woman, and even Jester deserve better.

I heard a rumor about a 3-D remake.  I don't know how I feel about that.

Would you check this out if Hollywood remade it?  Or does the original still hold up?

6 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't like the original or the sequels but I'd deffinatly watch it, probablyy rnt it, not in theatres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it would be in 3D. Every movie is in 3D now. Pretty soon we are going to be seeing a Pretty Woman remake in 3D. Someone needs to draw a damned line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Woman in 3D? Possibly subtitled 'The Whores Strike Back'? I have to see this! Damn you John for suggesting films we can only dream of watching.
    @StarsMum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a whole list. Home Alone 3D. Citizen Kane 3D. ReAnimator 3D. Tron 3D (oops, Disney got that one) Somewhere in Time 3D, Married to the Mob 3D.

    There is so much potential for 3D remakes. I am waiting for the Back to the Future 3D remakes where when Marty goes to the future the 3D shark really is in 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WANT ZAPPED 3D! Or maybe Just One of the Guys 3D? What about its straight-to-video counterpart starring Corey Haim, Just One of the Girls?

    Whatever, I give up. I'd be fine with Showgirls 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, I dream of the day that shark in Back to the Future really is 3D, thats the best part about the film! If Home Alone 3D happens, I demand Macaulay Culkin in it again, subtitled 'When good kids go crack'.
    @StarsMum

    ReplyDelete