Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Scares

Whorticulture.com Presents: Getting your Thanksgiving Scare on


When your whole family gathers together to celebrate a bountiful harvest, why not show them some Thanksgiving-themed horror movies?  I'm sure the little ones will appreciate it, and so will their parents!  So here's a list of movies you should check out - if you can find them.

#1: Blood Freak
"In this bizarre story, a bodybuilder named Herschel has become a serious marijuana addict. One day, while working on a turkey farm, Herschel consumes contaminated meat, and soon after, his head is transformed into a turkey head. The turkey-headed muscle man still craves his weed, so he gobble-gobbles and attacks other addicts and dealers in order to snag their dope and feed his addiction."

#2: Home Sweet Home

"The Bradley family's country home turns into a slaughterhouse when an escaped mental patient steals a station wagon and shows up on their doorstep in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner. Now, instead of the traditional turkey, the Bradleys seem to be the main course on this killer's holiday menu. Jake Steinfeld ("Body by Jake"), Vinessa Shaw, Peter De Paula, Don Edmunds and Charles Hoyes co-star in this early slice of 1980s horror."

#3: Thankskilling

"While on their way home for Thanksgiving break, five college kids run afoul of a homicidal turkey that wants them dead. As the cursed bird hunts them down one by one, the survivors scramble to find a way to defeat the possessed creature. Will the bloodthirsty turkey make this their last Thanksgiving feast ever? Writer-director Jordan Downey's holiday-themed horror spoof features an appearance by adult-film star Wanda Lust."

I saved the worst best for last.  Later today I'll post my review of Thankskilling.

There's also a movie out there called Turkey Monster, but I can't find it for the life of me.  Any of you have better luck?

1 comment:

  1. I watched Thankskilling a while ago with my hubby. I believe it was the first movie I ever added to my Netflix instant cue. A really horrible movie.

    ReplyDelete