Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Our Recommendation for April

Whorticulture.com Recommends A Movie To Cure Your April Blues


People are always asking me for recommendations, and right now I've got a great one for you that's on the Netflix Instant Queue.


This low budget Belgian gorefest was picked up and redistributed by Troma, which means absolute B-Movie quality.

The plot is simple: these two elderly aunts receive a birthday present from their nephew, which turns them into bloodthirsty monsters.  Tons of blood splatter and laughs ensue as they devour their greedy relatives.


Go ahead, check it out.  Let us know how much you love it.

And while you're at it, leave us your April recommendations!

4 comments:

  1. Hey lady, have we ever talked about Carnival of Souls? There's an article over at ew.com that likens it to the newly released Insidious, and I was wondering if you've seen it (CoS) and had any thoughts. Is it scary? Should I not watch it on Instant Netflix after the sun goes down? Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about Wes Craven's 1998 version, or the 60's version? I've seen Craven's, it was...decent. It didn't do well when it came out. I think you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen or heard of this film Eddie, thanks for the recommendation! My girlfriend and I have very similar tastes in movies (as do you), so we always come here to look for something new when we're stuck with nothing to watch on a slow night.

    And of course, the Netflix thing makes it a much watch for this weekend. I'll make sure to post back my thoughts.


    A few movies I've seen recently that I'd like to recommend for April:

    1. Behind the Mask- The Rise of Leslie Vernon
    2. The Hills Run Red
    3. Eden Lake
    4. Session 9
    5. Let the Right One In (You have to read subtitles. It was very recently remade in the USA called "Let Me In". The original one is much better IMO)
    6. Amusement (Some might not like this as much as me, it just brings back childhood memories)
    7. Black Sheep- I had to include a funny horror movie in the list
    8. Jack Ketchum's - The Girl Next Door

    (Disclaimer- I tried my best to avoid the most popular or very well known horror movies. This is not because I don't like them, I'm just assuming most readers of this blog have seen them or at least heard of them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eden Lake is sitting on my TiVo, waiting for me to give it a go. I hear it's really good, so I'm excited. Same with Let The Right One In, which is in my Instant Queue.

    There's a review of Black Sheep somewhere on this site. Honestly I don't remember if I liked it or hated it! You have AWESOME recommendations, I'm going to find these others.

    ReplyDelete