Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dead Island Trailer

Whorticulture.com Wants To Know: What Do You Think of the Dead Island Trailer?


I love zombie-based video games.  I play Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 like it's going out of style.  So I think the premise for Dead Island sounds pretty awesome - survival on a tropical island filled with zombies.  I'm down. 

But there's so much debate going on over the trailer.  Watch it here:

Not gonna lie, it made me sad.  But it didn't make me TOO sad, and I don't really think it goes too far.

Read this article by Ben Parfitt.  He does bring up some valid points. 

So what do my readers think?  Even if you don't play video games, does the trailer go too far? 

And just for the sake of comparison, here's the L4D2 trailer.

3 comments:

  1. I think the trailer is ok,i mean its a Videogame and im sure 100% that in game there will be no Children Zombies,im kinda excited cause im so bored with left 4 dead,its a cool game but once you did play it you dont have any people who are good at online coop it gets boring,so until Dad Island comes out im playing my Dead Rising 2 :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't play a ton of video games, but that looks pretty awesome. The music definitely made me sad, but I cry at commercials, so there's that. Very well done for something that looks like a Sims add-on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a good trailer. It hooked me in right away. Zombie movies haven't shied away from using children in their storylines so this trailer isn't shocking really.

    ReplyDelete