Friday, December 10, 2010

Trick 'R Treat

Whorticulture.com Reviews Trick 'r Treat, Starring Brian Cox and Anna Paquin


Last month when I made this post asking for horror movie suggestions (which you should check out), a lot of you suggested Trick 'r Treat.  So I checked it out last night.  And it was awesome!


Quick plot outline: 5 stories interwoven on Halloween night; a mean teenage prank, a principal with a dark secret, a group of hot sluts with an even darker secret, an old man with a haunting past, and a couple who disagree on the awesomeness of the Holiday.  Everything I read said there were only 4 stories, I don't know which two they're combining.  Since this is my review, I'm treating them all individually.

While each of the stories were pretty good, my favorite had to be the teenage prank.  So I'm kind of going to spoil it here to give you a taste of what the stories are like.

You have these 5 teenagers who say they are "collecting jack-o-lanterns for Unicef" when in reality they're collecting them to take them down into a rock quarry as an offering to the poor souls lost in a school bus accident 30 years ago...and make one of the 5 pee their pants.


It's all a prank, however, and they scare the bejeezus out of the poor girl who seems to be a little autistic or something.  But they get theirs, as the souls on the bus come back to life and murder them while the autistic girl gets away.  It was kind of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" but on a darker tip.  Totally loved it!

The boyfriend's favorite tale was the one with the hot sluts.  Go figure.  We couldn't get over how one of the hot sluts, played by Rochelle Aytes, looks exactly like Jaime Pressly if you were playing the "If They Were Black" game.  No, seriously, check it out.

Here's Rochelle Aytes:





And here's Jaime Pressly:

Maybe that's just us, but if you watch the movie let me know if you see it too (spoiler alert: you'll totally see it too).

And last, but certainly not least, was the character Sam.


Sam shows up during every tale, almost like an adorable collector of souls.  The name Sam is short for Samhain, so he's literally the spirit of Halloween.  Get it?  Sigh.  But no, he's legit...even if he is filled with preciousness and pumpkin guts.

I give this movie a 10/10.  There were boobs - I mean, they weren't great or anything, but sometimes it's more quantity than quality.  There were beasts galore.  There was a little blood - it's not the goriest movie ever, but what it does show counts.  I can't recommend this movie enough, and it looks aces in blu ray.

This should totally be included in my list of Best Halloween Movies.

5 comments:

  1. i never heard of this movie, i guess i'll have to check it out later on.
    Anna Paquin is in it, i haven't seen a lot of her work. maybe i should now. (:

    as always, awesome post Uncle Eddie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie. In general I am not big on Halloween movies, but this movie had a good balance of cute and horror with a nice dash of cheese.

    I don't want to spoil it, but the special effects are what excited me about the college girls story.

    I thought little Sam was adorable. His story with Brian Cox was excellent.

    I felt the Lost in Space couple was pretty weak.

    The one with the jack o lantern kids was well done, but it made me really sad.

    My favorite scene overall was definitely the scene in the clearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this film, Sam scared me when you see his 'real' face, but then I worry about what hes doing for the rest of the year afterwards, I mean, he just wants some candy, damn it! And the bus tale kinda bummed me too, those poor kids, but hey, they got theirs in the end,so it was all good. And I like the fact the creepy ass dad met his final judgement so well, THATS WHAT YOU GET, POSER! As always, a great review, but you should have listened to me earlier about the greatness that is this film!
    @StarsMum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously should have, @StarsMum. And I kinda want a tattoo of Sam and his lollipop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite character (aside from Sam) was the creepy Principal. I thought the story with his even more creepy son was great. I loved the way he way he shows up later in the hot sluts storyline as the killer in a vampire costume & gets eaten by Anna Paquin.

    ReplyDelete