Friday, October 29, 2010

Unnecessary Remakes

Unnecessary Horror Remakes by Whorticulture.com


According to IMDB.com, someone is remaking Pet Sematary in 2012.

What the Hell, Hollywood?  No!  Bad Hollywood!

I don't get it.  Is the 1989 version, directed by Mary Lambert, not good enough anymore?  That shit certainly fucked with me as a kid.  For starters, I was super afraid of some crazy little undead toddler wielding a scalpel under my bed.  No, Gage, I don't want to play!  Go play with Herman Munster! 

The enemy of Achilles tendons everywhere.
Second, that bitch Zelda.  I couldn't even walk into a dark hallway for MONTHS without picturing her twisted, skeletal body.  And then I found out she was played by a dude!  No!  Just no!

Rocky Dennis needs to eat a sandwich and leave me the eff alone!
Goddammit, Hollywood.  If you remake this, I'll have to see it.  I don't even have a choice.  That's cruel, Hollywood.  Don't do me like that.  I thought we were cool.

7 comments:

  1. They are also remaking IT in 2012, and it's only going to be 2 hours. In order to do IT justice, it really should be a mini-series of at least 8 episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine what they'll have to cut out of IT to make it fit into two hours. It'll be absolute shite, like that Dreamcatchers movie. AND NOBODY CAN PLAY PENNYWISE EXCEPT TIM CURRY. That is a known fact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that they're going to stay true to the book and make it very violent and bloody. I can't imagine what they can do to make Pennywise creepier than Tim Curry's. He's the reason why I'm terrified of clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this remake is nowhere near as bad as The Shining remake. I never could figure out why Stephen King didn't like the Kubrick adaptation nor why he creamed over the craptastic tv miniseries.

    Steven Webber (from the show Wings) as John Torrance? Ugh, Nicholson owns that role. Wings boy shat all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MogulArmy
    You know what's sad? I know people who get, like, VEHEMENTLY ANGRY when you say the Kubrick version was the best. I don't get it, that other horseshit sucked. Kubrick is where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kubrick version was amazing, but in terms ber version was where it's at. I have no problem with either version, but I definitely prefer Kubrick's for the creepiness factor.

    As for the supposed Pet Semetary remake, I have to ask - Have we seriously run out of ideas? I mean really? Pet Semetary scares me to this day - "I play wif Mommy, I play wif Judd...now I wanna play wif youuuu, Daddy." Shudder.

    This does NOT need to be remade. But hey, this is coming from the same town that's doing a Spiderman "reboot" less than 10 years after Tobey Maguire put the suit on, so we can see what drives these ideas. (Note: Although, if they do remake it, can they please make the daughter less annoying? She was the one thing that bugged me about that movie.)

    ReplyDelete